Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, another tbird question, what body mods need to be made if I was to bottle feed a 351W in a '85 Tbird..

To much thinking, not enough money...

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Engine or chassis? 6 pt. roll bar & frame connectors for the car. If you use slicks think about a rear girdle in the future. Engine, a really, REALLY good ignition, decent forged pistons, did I say a good ignition system? A seperate fuel system for the nitrous too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard a few things, and just starting thinking about nitrous. Unlike a supercharger NOS likes low compression..?? If I'm building what am I aiming for, roughly??

·
Registered
91 Posts
I may be wrong...But I thought superchargers are the ones that require low compression....like the highest is 8:9:1? Not sure but i thought so....Good Luck, Ryan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Don't you have that backwards? Superchargers like low compression. Nitrous is fine on high compression. Why ?because, oxygen to air ratio is a LOT higher in the nitrous. You don't have to pack in as much stuff to get the same amount of oxygen.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Actually nitrous likes it all. The only problem is the more compression you have the more likely you'll have a detonation problem. My 466 is 13.5 to 1 with a 350 plate, no prob. As for the superchargers, same thing although you don't want a 15 to 1 blower engine. I have seen an 8-71 on a 13 to 1 engine, kinda wild! Just watch the fuel pressure & keep an eye on the plugs from time to time. If you want some pointers you can e-mail me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts