Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a problem finding hoses for my front disc setup on the galaxie.
I used the 68-72 ltd/galaxie spindels complete assemblies, but dident get any hoses with the purchase, and now i cant seem to find any.
Found these dorman part# h36667 & 36704, but they seem to be out of production? any hints on what i should get instead?

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
I read this on a mustang forum, some of it might apply to your situation: putts

Brake hoses changed during production from 66-67. Basically fittings are either different (small on one end/large on the other on earlier cars) or same sized (later cars) on each end of brake hose. On fullsize cars, the brake hose fittings changed midyear on 67's- not certain but probably same on Mustang-Fairlane.

originally there was a looped hard line at caliper with two male ends that fits hose to caliper, usually not included with a rebuilt caliper. brake hose comes with two female ends so you must have this small hard line because brake hose won't screw directly into caliper. Measure this fitting size on hard line to receive brake hose at caliper and corresponding fitting at frame for hard line from proportion valve. Use these measurements to ID and get the correct brake hose for your application. Caliper end of hose has integral bracket used to mount hose to caliper via one caliper retaining bolt.

The disc brake hose fittings require a unique "L" mounting bracket to mount other hose end to frame. It is different than bracket used for a drum brake hose. Usually left on donor car, but not too difficult to fab in needed. Email or call me if more question or you need some specific pics. (864) 814-6418

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just bought and installed a set on the '68 Galaxie set-up that I purchased for my '67 Wagon project. Got them from NAPA. They are NAPA branded and the part numbers are 36645 and 36657. Hoses fit to the caliper without any adapters. I have yet to install the assemblies on the car.

They seemed a bit spendy, but like you, I had a little trouble locating them, but I feel pretty confident in using a NAPA part.

There are pictures of the cleaned up assemblies (minus the hoses) on my blog if you want to compare to make certain they are the same.

Hope this helps out.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

1 - 4 of 4 Posts