Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake lights went out recently on my 66Fastback.

Parking lights work, Left turn signal works (front and rear), right rear turn signal does not work.

Reverse lights have not been working for awhile.

the brake switch connected to the brake pedal and bulbs have been checked.

could the turn signal switch in the steering colum be bad and cuase the brake lights not to work? or any clue on what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes, it could be the turn signal switch, that is what it turned out to be on my 67. All brake and turn signal wiring goes thru the turn signal and flasher switches, I don't think the back up lights do. I had to pull the steering wheel and meter all the wiring to find it, bought the cheap turn signal repair kit off ebay to fix it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Low,
Sounds like the turn signal switch. Like said before, probably not the back up lights....that could be the neutral safety switch.

Get some spray electrical cleaner and spray in where the T/S stalk comes out of the column, and then work the lever up and down. This has worked for me in the past.

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
replaced a brake light switch.. so i do get a working brake light on the driver side.

i plan on replacing the turn signal switch.. i did try to clean it up but no luck. doesnt look to hard right? thinking i would cut the wires below the steering columm, connecting them to a cable/550 cord/etc and when i pull them up through the top, i will have a guide wire to pull the new switch wires down the column.

anyone have any other tips to make that little job easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help guys..

replaced the turn signal switch... and now have brake lights and rear turn signals once again.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks for letting us know what fixed your problem. Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts