Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some weird brake light problem. I have had a constant slow drain on the battery that I think I can trace to the brake light switch only because I just happened to put my hand on the switch on the master cylinder and it was really hot. I disconnected to the two leads and then reconnected them and the brake lights stayed on and wouldn't go off without unhooking the switch.

Replace the switch? How hard are they to come by?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
What year and make? Brake light switches are generally easy to replace. Usually, unplug, remove a clip, and the switch comes off of its mount on the steering column by the brake pedel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think you are talking about a pressure switch.Just unscrew it from the MC and replace it.Any auto parts store should have one.They used them for quite a while on trucks.Hope this helps

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 62 Gal with power brakes, and yeah I guess it is the pressure switch not the pedal switch. Well...how would I know which switch is bad?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
On a 62 that's the only switch there is. No pedal switch. You should be able to get one at most any auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts