Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i wanna go with a aftermarket master cylinder, but how do you guys run your brake light switch? I've noticed that the brake light switch is on the stock master cylinder (front) other than the pedal like my mustang. How do you guys get around this? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Remove the bump stop over the brake pedal and install a brake lite switch from a 80's Ford pickup and wire it and adjust it; or get a brake tee fitting from parts store and use the original pressure switch. I used the former and works great.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I used a tee fitting keeping the original switch.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Remove the bump stop over the brake pedal and install a brake lite switch from a 80's Ford pickup and wire it and adjust it; or get a brake tee fitting from parts store and use the original pressure switch. I used the former and works great.
MUCH better than the old pressure switches for sure!!! I like to know, even if I barely touch my brakes the light up!!! This one of the easiest, bst SAFETY upgrades you can do.....

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
And cheap.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I got a 63' and upgraded to the Granada disk mod and upgraded to a 2 chamber MC.. And that preassure sensor that turns your lights on, will unscrew from the MC and you will be able to put it on the new one. That is what I did.

Or a more extreme mod is you can put a switch on your peddle.

But I think the top way is easiest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts