Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 is all set to go on the wiring except the brakes. I bought a new brake light switch but that doesn't seem to be working. Am I right in assuming if I jump the two wires to to the brake light switch the brakes should light up? I followed the green/ red wire and that is hooked up right but the green wire is hooked up to the steering column and I haven't checked that out.

The horn on the steering wheel came off and I put it back on and now when I press it hard, I see a light spark. I'm assuming something must be wrong in there.

Also, I did try to jump the two wires and that didn't work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should the lights work if I connect the two? Just trying to figure out if I need to pull apart the steering column, I'm not sure how much work that will be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so since I joined the two and the lights didn't work the green wire is the problem? I put a volt meter on the green/red wire and I'm getting power.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Green wire goes up into T/S switch, and works in conjunction with your turn signals.

If you have an issue there you need to run the green wire out of the loop back to the brake lights by splicing. or you fix it right by taking off the steering wheel, and replacing the T/S switch or repairing it at the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts