Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the flex brake line called that goes from the body to the rearend housing, it goes to the hard lines on the rearend ? I have been trying to find one for my galaxie and all i can find are the front and rear flex lines. any help would be appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
What is the flex brake line called that goes from the body to the rearend housing, it goes to the hard lines on the rearend ? I have been trying to find one for my Galaxie and all i can find are the front and rear flex lines. any help would be appreciated. Paul
Hey Paul,
The line that goes from the Body to the Rear End Housing IS the Rear Flex Line.

There aren't any Flex Lines that go from the Hard Line on the Differential to the Brake Drums.

If you've found the Rear Flex Lines, then your search is over.

BTW, what Year and Model is your Galaxie. A JPG of it would also be nice.

JC

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Switch out your flex lines with Earls stainless braided line, I guarantee you that you wont believe the difference.

·
Registered
695 Posts
How can there be a difference if there is no supposed deflection in a standard brake flex line?
The standard rubber flex lines actually expand slightly. The braided lines don't expand. With power brakes you may/may not feel the difference, but with manual brakes you can tell the difference. You really see a big difference when you go from rubber lines to braided lines on a motorcycle. Huge difference at the brake lever.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
puttster, I had noticed a leak unde the rear end of my car and after investigating it, it i found out it was the line. the line is comming apart at the end by the rear end and is seaping thru the line and dripping down.

QUOTE=puttster;1716508]A month ago Ford4V429 posted this link, it is what you want for $40.
Rear Brake Hose Ford Galaxie 1965 1966 | eBay
Why do you need a new one, just wondering, did you test the old one?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I'll have to agree with the better feel of Teflon-lined SS braided brake hose. The difference isn't huge, but it's there, and you don't want to give it up after you've tried it. I don't know if you can adapt it onto the odd rear Gal fitting, though. Ron - do you have one handy to examine? Should be do-able, or all-new with equivalent fittings and clamped to the original bracket for less than the $40+ shipping version. Not as convenient as clicking "Buy Now" though. ;)

David

·
Registered
695 Posts
David, I don't have one handy to look at. Truth be told, I have never made up my own break lines. I have always just bought them already made up, mainly for my bikes and 4X4's. Not sure if anybody makes the pre-made braided lines to fit Pauls car though.

I was curious, so I checked epay and pre-made braided lines are available for your car Paul. It even has a "buy it now" to make it real easy. Not very cheap though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-BRAKE-HOSE-SET-Ford-Galaxie-1966-Disc-/390330895048

1 - 11 of 11 Posts