Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1967 Ford Fairlane Convertible
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve replaced everything on my 67 Fairlane’s brakes, Wilwood four piston front calipers, drums, shoes etc. new proportioning block, lines,m/cbooster. Driving car Sunday the proportioning block sprung a leak. Brake fluid coming out of top of brake warning light switch on proportioning block. Shouldn’t have fluid there as I understand it. Proportioning block bad? Where was the rear proportioning valve supposed to be located on a 67 with power front disc rear drum brakes? Bought this car in June of 21 and the brakes have been a headache! I’m’ familiar with 67 Mustangs but the Fairlane has some differences.

· Registered
79 Posts
should not leak seal or sensor or cracked block that sensor senses pressure in front and rear and if one doesn't have pressure or air in system that sensor turn brake light on have someone step on pedal to narrow down exact location

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brakes worked pretty well until leak started. Every time stepped on brake pedal fluid squirted out the top of the sensor. I’m thinking the seal in the block have gone bad.

· Registered
195 Posts
I’ve replaced everything on my 67 Fairlane’s brakes, Wilwood four piston front calipers, drums, shoes etc. new proportioning block, lines,m/cbooster. Driving car Sunday the proportioning block sprung a leak. Brake fluid coming out of top of brake warning light switch on proportioning block. Shouldn’t have fluid there as I understand it. Proportioning block bad? Where was the rear proportioning valve supposed to be located on a 67 with power front disc rear drum brakes? Bought this car in June of 21 and the brakes have been a headache! I’m’ familiar with 67 Mustangs but the Fairlane has some differences.
maybe the brake warning light switch failed internally, which is allowing brake fluid to go through it. These probably don't cost much to replace. You could cut it open to see if it failed. Just in case I'm way off (wrong)...I'm not familiar with this car.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you using stock valve or aftermarket is it a wilwood ?
It’s a stock distribution block, (reman made in Taiwan ) got from Pirate Jacks on line. They are shipping me a new one. Talked with ABS brakes in Orange,Ca. Shouldn’t be any fluid to the switch. Seals have failed forcing fluid past seal to switch. Pretty common issue from research I’ve done.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s a stock distribution block, (reman made in Taiwan ) got from Pirate Jacks on line. They are shipping me a new one. Talked with ABS brakes in Orange,Ca. Shouldn’t be any fluid to the switch. Seals have failed forcing fluid past seal to switch. Pretty common issue from research I’ve done. I will be shipping leaking one to ABS brakes to see if rebuildable with correct seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts