Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question about converting a 66 mustang with a 67 dual mc. I have drum brakes all around and am putting in a dual master cylinder. I won't be using a booster. How do I put in new lines for the mc? Just measure them out and take them to a shop? Or can I get lines for a 67 with the dual? do any of the 67's come w/o the booster? This is confusing..I'm confused...I don't like brakes.

Chris

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Your parts store should sell some pre-made lines in various lengths. you just have to bend it, and maybe adapt the fittings.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used the premade lines too. Pretty easy, especially compared to the crappy flare too I bought.

·
Registered
521 Posts
do like i wanna do and just ship the car to say baer or wilwood with a note attatched to the window that says "13inch rotors all around ... 6piston in front... 4 piston in back... money is no option"

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Another item that makes the plumbing easier is one of the stock distribution blocks the 67 and later Mustangs used.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long was the 67+ distribution block used for? I have one from an 83 mustang..will this work? It's a big ole thing compared to the one thats in there now...has an electrical fitting, warning light or brake sensor, not sure which, anyhow, will that work?

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts