Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished my 4 wheel disc conversion on my 71 torino. The fronts are disc from a 74 maverick, the backs are a kit that uses rotors from an 85 lincon mark VII, and the calipers form an 86 cadillac. The master cylinder is also from an 74 maverick disc/drum and the porpotroning valve is the 71 torino drum/drum. the problem is that the car will stop, but the pedal is spongey and it goes all the way to the floor. If I pump it a buch of times fast it will hold but then if I lift all the way up and push it will go to the floor. I have bled the things 20 times and the only thing I can figure is I need to use one of those 10 lbs residual pressure vlaves. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
You may have to bleed you brakes again. When I put on rear disk brakes, I had to bleed the rears several time. I finally took the calipers off and set them so the bleed screw was verticle. Seems like there can be a little air bubble just above the bleeder screw. I also did a gravity bleed method. No pressure pump, no vacuum pump. Just open the bleeder and let it run for about 10 minutes making sure the master cylinder stays full.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts