Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of pre-fabricated sheet metal vavle covers for my 390 FE. The fabricator (internet order) forgot to put in fittings for breather & PCV. We've worked that out financially. now I'd like to come up with a way to add a PVC hole and a breather hole. it looks like I can use a hole saw and use these http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=89504&searchItemId=419937
I want to use a baffle to eliminate oil being slashed out the openings. I had a set of Pentroof FE valve covers with out baffles and sucked oil out the PCV and blew/slashed it out the breathers. Messy an a strange smokey hue out the one side of the exhaust. What have any of you done as for breathers on fabricated valve covers. I don't wanrt to have anything welded unless absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance for you ideas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention. The ad has for a 1 inch neck. About 99% are 1-1/4" neck for breathers. Also wondering if anyone used the Wysco adapters?

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts