Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Figured I would let ya all know I am bringing home a 66 galaxie 500 fast back. the frame is solid and so is the body over all. some rusty spots but nothing that cannot be repaired. The biggest thing that I cannot figure out is why the trunk is rusted through in some spots but the floors still have the factory undercoating and are solid. I also get a 4 speed top loader and 3 fenders, a different hood, different driver and passenger doors, and boxes and boxes of small hard to find parts and trim. The only thing that it is missing is the hood latch assembly, anyone got one? Anyone also have a diagram for the clutch linkage and the shift linkage for this set up? Its once was 3 on the tree but the transmission is 4 on the floor.

The person I am getting it from says he put 77 or 78, cannot remember at the moment, front suspension and disk brakes on it from a torino. Does that seem right? Is that a known upgrade? I also think i am getting 2 500XL grills with it.

I will get pictures when I bring it home later this week.

-Coal-

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I look forward to seeing another 66 fastback on the road. I've not been to a show one lately that has a Galaxie of any year in it. Just a bunch of Chevy guys and the typical herd of Mustangs. Good luck and you will be very well taken care in this forum.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
336 Posts
Are those grills in good shape? If so, you got lucky, as they are getting harder to find and more expensive. I personally think they look way better than the standard Galaxie grill.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are those grills in good shape? If so, you got lucky, as they are getting harder to find and more expensive. I personally think they look way better than the standard Galaxie grill.
As far as I could tell they are in good shape, but being a picky SOB I am sure I can find something wrong :rolleyes:. At the very least I have something to make a new one from. Going to need a senior project at school soon, and being a mechanical engineering student, I can find a way to incorperate this car into that project, maybe a billet grill...maybe an actual disk brake kit design, maybe new suspension...who knows. I am open to suggestions.

First thing is first, and that is getting it road ready, and passing the PA inspection. Then from there it will be body work and paint, nothing extreme but good enough to make it look good at 20'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts