Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to kill the bench seat in my 65(looks and running B&M floor shifter). I have searched for a while now and have no luck with landing original XL buckets. Looking to get the Scat Procar seats, but hesitating. I would appreciate some good input.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Keep looking ......I can't stand anything other than stock seats.

I dont care what is done they just look like crap...now thats just my opinion.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is also my opinion. I have been searching over a year now and nothing. I just finally found some online but the seller said only local pickup, not even remotely close to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Depending on how desperate you are I have a set of buckets from a 65, driver seat is a power seat but the pass is manual. Also have a really nice matching auto console with power window controls! Rare I'm told.

Problem would be shipping as I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You are correct the 67 Buckets are one of a kind. Was looking for some last year for my 67 but got involved with another off frame build Chevy and when I found some I wasn't in the mood. Wish I had got them now.

One more :

1966 Ford Galaxie 7 liter Front Seats | eBay

To bad you missed them, they are hard to find in good shape.

I needed a set of true 67 power buckets for my Galaxie and ended up finding a really nice uncut set of 67 Thunderbird power buckets which are exactly the same as 67 Galaxie buckets but with slightly different seat covers which can be recovered easily. Specific stuff for 67 is getting so hard to find, and those not in the know tend to crush, and throw out this stuff!!!!

I've collected a lot of 67 only Galaxie stuff over the years which is good cause if I had to find half of it now it would be impossible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm putting 2002 BMW 3 series convertible seats in my 66 fastback.

I will be driving my gal as much as possible and really wanted should belts but did not want to lose use of the back seat.

The mounting is a little tricky because you need to reinforce the floor ( being that all impact forces will be transferred to the mounting points, including the force of keeping your body planted int he seat in the event of an accident).

I will say the the wiring is cake if you don't care about the memory function on the seat. two wires per seat ( power and ground). They even have super fancy power headrest adjustments.

I had to look for a while, but i found a tan pair locally for $300 . I'm in the process of dying them black.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This probably won't help since you're looking for a stock setup, but...
I'm going slightly the way zombiekiller is going. I'm resto-modding my car (because I plan to drive it almost daily when it's finished and I'd like modern comforts on the inside with classic looks outside), so I plan to get a pair of heated and cooled seats from a Lincoln MKS, MKZ, or a Taurus. There are a few on ebay right now, most notably these:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Only problem is that they're tan.

But then there's a set like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-BMW-750L...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Choices, choices...

·
Registered
260 Posts
This probably won't help since you're looking for a stock setup, but...
I'm going slightly the way zombiekiller is going. I'm resto-modding my car (because I plan to drive it almost daily when it's finished and I'd like modern comforts on the inside with classic looks outside), so I plan to get a pair of heated and cooled seats from a Lincoln MKS, MKZ, or a Taurus. There are a few on ebay right now, most notably these:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Only problem is that they're tan.

But then there's a set like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-BMW-750Li-E65-745I-LI-LEATHER-HEATED-COOLED-BUCKET-SEATS-HOTROD-/251023032628?hash=item3a72238134&item=251023032628&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Choices, choices...
I wish that i didnt need use of the back seat, finding seats would have been much easier and i most likely would have used caddy CTS seats with the integrated shoulder belt.

My wife sat in the bimmer seats and now wants to buy a bimmer. :cry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts