Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a 65 Falcon Sprint Hardtop this weekend but the bucket seats are long gone and it has a bench seat now I ran the vin and door tag and it is a Factory Sprint. Are the 65 fairlane bucket seats the same? looks like the 64-65 Comet seats are the same are there any other cars i can look at for correct buckets?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Im fairly sure that its only Falcon and Comet that interchange exactly.
I'm sure you're right and would bet that the hardtop and convertable aren't the same either.

You could always pick-up some aftermarket buckets from Summit or something. They do make some really nice looking seats and I'm 100% sure they'd be more comfortable than the originals. And as long as you didn't get some race type seat they might not look out of place.

John

·
Registered
634 Posts
Fairlane may be the same.A friend of mine had a set and they were made the same as the 64 falcon ones were . The difference could be in the base track ,may be shaped a little different. If you can get one,just try it.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Convertible and hardtop seats are in fact different. I have over $1500 into my convertible buckets project and just need a few more pieces before assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While on the subject of Sprint seats... my 64 Sprint is missing the rear seat and I am curious if I can get a donor seat from other types of Falcons?

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
64/65 HT rear seats are all the same. Are you sure your Falcon came with buckets?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts