Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, a while back while surfing the web, I ran across a page showing ford interior or seat specs. it gave the dimensions and pics of all the ford seats. I thought I saved the page but evidently I didn't and I cant find the page now. I kind of think it was on a falcon site. does anyone know the page I am looking for? what I am after, is finding what buckets out of what cars would fit in my 63 fairlane. the main thing is the frame. if I have to replace the foam and covers then its no big deal. just having a lot of trouble finding buckets to go back in this car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used buckets from a 69 Torino and they fit great. Just bolted them to the floor. Perfect height. They are wider than the original 63 fairlane seats so they are a tad closer to the door panels than some might like but they dont rub. See pics below.......

1368590366279.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
97 Posts
Or maybe they are from a 69 ranchero......can't remember. They weren't cheap tho. They had been reupholstered and all the tracks work seats fold forward like they should. Check the obvious places like eBay and craigslist. Also try Woody's Fairlane site.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Posted before but, look over in the import section of your local wreckers. You will find buckets like -Accura Type R's or even a the limited Honda Accord Coupes are the perfect "scale" for the 62-65 F'lanes & the set I got , out of the Accura I only had to drill 1 hole, the other 3 seat rail mounting holes matched my 62;s stock mounting holes in the floor. With lumbar support, recling seat back & adj.height, so much more comfortable than the stock, bench like buckets. The Accura head rests are kinda goofy looking, I simply grabbed the smaller head rests out of a Honda coupe, they slip right on the Accuras. If your real lucky, you might even find them in your interior color.
Send you a pic, of them installed if you like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the suggestions guys, I will keep that in mind. I would really like to find the right seats to go back in the car if at all possible, but I may get to the point where I throw something else in it to get me by until I find the correct seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts