Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like the bow tie boys cleaned house at the bud shoot out today. Maybe they should change the name of the Daytona 500 to the "Monte Carlo 500", seeing as they're gonna continue to stack the deck against us via rule changes

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well, I don't know aboout the "Monte Carlo 500" but maybe just call it the "General Motors 500" since a Pontiac won the race today. At least it wasn't cry baby Gordon.
Just like the NHRA should call Pro Stock Pontiac Stock instead.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
What are they changing with the rules that would give GM an advantage?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They reduced the spoiler size on the Taurus.
Besides, ain't a "Gran Prix" just a Monte Carlo in disguise...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fxcomet on 2/11/02 8:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
reduced the spoiler height on the Taurus? Is the GM cars have to comply with the same rules? Their spoilers are the height, yea? I dont think that one brand is better then the next in NASCAR, I think it is the driver, the over all set up (by the chief) and by the drivers performance...what do you guys think? Be gentle

Jeff Given

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm a NASCAR(NA$CAR)fan. For about the last ten years I've become more and more diillusioned with this sport. I think it all started when Mr. France stopped calling it a race and started calling it a "show".

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2002-02-11 03:27, MightyMach wrote:
reduced the spoiler height on the Taurus? Is the GM cars have to comply with the same rules? Their spoilers are the height, yea? I dont think that one brand is better then the next in NASCAR, I think it is the driver, the over all set up (by the chief) and by the drivers performance...what do you guys think? Be gentle

Jeff Given
ACtually, they had originally raised the height on the spoiler because they were too fast (my mistake!). Now they're giving a little back because they're too slow. The spoiler heights allowed by NASCAR are different for each make and model to allow for more "competition". The race yesterday was "competition" all right: as long as you think of a "parade" as competition! The only time I'll watch NASCAR this year is when I need a nap!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Did you see the practice speeds today? And that's without the spoiler change. That change takes affect tomorrow. If the Fords are to fast NASCAR will prbably make them add back the 1/4" and restrict their engines more. Rules ya got to love them...not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts