Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you guys were to build a 408 stroker windsor in a 69 mach1 with automatic trans and is mainly street driven how would you build it with some strip.

·
Registered
249 Posts
On 2002-03-23 21:45, strokerman wrote:
if you guys were to build a 408 stroker windsor in a 69 mach1 with automatic trans and is mainly street driven how would you build it with some strip.
Here's what I'm doing ...........

Goal is,
1 )to drive it everyday if need be.
2 )Run on 93 octane
3 )Push my Richmond 5 speed equiped 83 GT to 130+ 1/4 mile trap speeds

Lots of thinking and suggestions has gone into this combination. I've spoken to almost all the fast guys out there(Probe,Bennett Racing, PanHandle, Kooks Headers) about what to and what NOT to run. Here's how mine is shaping up. I've been promised 600+ HP on the dyno with this setup, all under 7000 RPM's.

Here's the combo

1974- 351W block
Eagle Crank & Rod & JE Piston Kit
Trickflow "R" Heads
Super Victor Intake
Lunati Steel Roller(248/[email protected]) & Lifters
Crane Gold Rockers
Melling HV Oil Pump
Canton Oil Pan
Kooks 1 7/8 Headers
Holley #9380 - 850 w/Annular Discharge
3.73 gear for my Ford 9" rearend
plus a few other odds and ends .......

The total is a touch over $6200.00.... A little expensive ..... But I should have a spectacular setup that should be
THE LAST ENGINE I WILL EVER NEED!

-PONY1

·
Registered
73 Posts
to all of you guys that have forgotten more than the little that I know--tell me--how can pony 1 come close to 600 hp with that set up? I hope he does because I'm building a similar one, although it dynoed at 430. I'm not arguing with you pony 1, just wondering. Oh yeah, don't forget to answer strokerman's original question!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys my engine is pretty good now but i think my engine builder was thinking small my cam is 536 lift on both in. ex. 218 228 at .050 world sr heads cast iron cncd stealth 750 speed demon vs. 1\3\4 hookers which is fine changing trans from fmx to c-4 have 11''2500 stall now shift kit which isnt s---! looking to go low 12s high 11s is that close the car is fast really comes on around 3000 to 5000 the engine is pretty new less than 5000 miles. thinking of bigger cam with 232 242 and 544 560 lift lunati roller which is in now but smaller. hood i can cut out opening or cowl hood if it makes a differance in hp i'll do it . i want to make this engine run to its full power without running like a pro stocker, i wish. anyway any ideas, is it fine the way it is should i leave it alone and just change trans for now maybe eletric fan pulleys i'' spacer or just run a shot of n20. also running 3.50 posi with 28 tall tires 275-60 -15 in back thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
I hope Pony1 is right,cause that is the neighborhood I am shooting for from my 427 stroker. If Probe will ever send me the pistons,I have about had it with those people.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
418 eagle stroker= 610 HP 2 6800, 544 ft lbs TQ @ 5100.........Not very streetable, but you could be creative........And, yes, it does sound like a pro stocker.........(ya gotta love it!)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks guys for infro, think i'm doing trans first only problem is if i change cam later that will effect the stall on the converter so i will have to decide if i;m going to change cam before i order the trans or should i just order a 11''2500 to 3000 stall anyway keep it in the range i want, i dont want heat problems i would install a trans cooler anyway on new trans 0r should i go with a 10'' converter hum i just dont want to screw this up, do my homework first, can i install that bigger cam the one on the post and keep the stealth my car is mainly street driven with a blast down the 1\4 mile to shut up these chevy guys around where i live , there is a girl thats waiting for me to run my car she has a camaro 98 v-6 superchared and n20 100 shot , i think i can beat her with my car she has run 12.8 with that car so i need all the help i can get before summer live in nj anybody race at englishtown? thanks a lot to all you guys this is a great site to have. happy racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts