Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evrybody - as anyone who take his Baby on the Road and failure occurs - I got a question.

The Bulb socket for my Heater Unit is broken/during the Heat it´s broken and unusable.

Does anybody got a Source or have it as a spare an can sell it to me?

Diameter is 1,5 cm. I mean measurement of the hole where to connect the socket. From Behind.

Thanks a lot

Oliver

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If you can post a pic of your broken one? I may have a similar one. The dash bulb sockets on most Fords up to about 67/68 are similar. Also what broke? Usually they are a just spring under a piece of plastic ( similar to printed circuit board material) with a contact soldered to the wire. They usually can be repaired.

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/faulty/pics/socket_old_top.jpg

is it similar to this?

Stu

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Stu - yes it seems to be similar. My other Bulb sockets for the Instrument Cluster are made of Plastic. They all got one Wire not two like these - offered in some Catalogs.

The picture you´ve send to me shows a Bulb Socket with one Wire - the Ground included, right?

When I install a new Socket to lighten up my Heater Unit from behind I need a Socket with 1,5 cm Diameter which will fit.

Perhaps you can help me once more??

Will pay Postage if you can send me one.

Please reply..

and thanks

Oliver
PS: Cannot display my broken one - it was melted. I think it was a spare and not original.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxian on 7/28/06 9:36am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxian on 7/28/06 9:37am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
PM me and I'll see what I can dig up. Does your old socket snap into the hole like the one in the picture? and is the part it goes into metal? If it is then you may only need the one wire type as it will ground onto the metal of the dash. Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts