Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swallowed it hook line and sinker,too good to be true $498. bare Victor jr knock offs
THEY SUCK! The first machine shop figured out they would be hard to deal with and used SCARE OFF PRICE tactics to get me to go eleswhere ,the machine shop that is finishing the engine assembly is charging me out the u no whut to fix these asian turds!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine work GREAT!!! sorry.. but my mnachine shop said they looked good., REAL good for the price. Just the clean up of the ports is all they said was a bit nasty.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
His valve seats aren't even...I've read elsewhere that a simple valve job cures that problem though...not sure why they're charging him so much, unless there's other problems too =/.

Cris

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Get what you pay for................ Send them back for warranty coverage !!! LOL !! See how well the Chinese stand behind them.............

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Again man, it's cool how humorous you find a fellow Ford hotrodder's unfortunate situation. A lot of people haven't done all the research on these heads, and buy them from some ebay reseller who doesn't check the damn things, and just ships out what was shipped in. I want you to take a second and think about just how many 'chinese' parts and 'chinese' tools and how much 'chinese' technology and 'chinese' electronics were used to make your 'american' heads? C'mon man, it's pretty uncool to make fun of someone with capitol LOL's...when all he was trying to do was build something we all love, in a way he could most likely afford. I'm sure he was aware, and IS aware now of the consequences of his choice, without you rubbing it in.

I've seen you post many many times, and you're always helpful and courteous, just think you should step back here and consider the tone and reactions you might get to what you're saying.

Hope you take this in the spirit it's meant...

Cris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Is1BadFord on 9/11/06 9:49pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Is1BadFord on 9/11/06 9:49pm ]</font>

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will be getting the final chapter of the bad news mon. afternoon . The engine will still be finished and still go in this month just more time ,money and headaches than anticipated,and BTW go ahead and laugh it up dfree383 I deserve it !LOL i can take it! will post aful thuth tonight

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Are you going to be finishing with the Pro Comps or using another set of heads? If the only problem is uneven seats...well, the answer to that one was given in the other post?

Hope you can work this out in the easiest way possible man...sucks when things don't work as planned, and end up costing money to fix =/.

Cris

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought a set of Dart Pro 1s a few months ago, tyey had grinder gouges in one combustion chamber. They made good and sent me a new head no problem. Even with a reputable company, grief seems to find a way. Good luck, be persistant!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I purchased a set of pro comps and they look good other than the ports need to be dressed up a little. Why is it pro comp insist their heads are made in Australia and you guys claim they are made in China. I understand they may have been made in China at one time or another, but are some of you just saying that because they are cheaper in price than others? I know of people that have had great results with these heads. Didn't Canfields have poor quality control in the beginning? I would imagine if you buy any bare heads they will need considerable work because they are unfinished and that is what you are paying for. The finished heads are bolt on and have to be ready to bolt on. Should I have my heads checked out before assembling my engine?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'd have them checked out, and then I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as being made in China, it's a known fact. The owner of Pro Comp, Peter Ken...has them shipped through Australia lol. But they come on a big boat from China! I've got a friend who's friends with Mr. Ken. He told me the WHOLE story about these heads. He uses them on every crate motor he sells, and has had ZERO returns up to this point. 400 dynoed horsepower 331's, and they sell on Ebay and elsewhere all day long. It's ALL in the quality control at the resell point. 25% of the heads shipped over here are junk. 75% will work wonderfully.

Cris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts