Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have been following my Boss 529 RestoMod Build @ http://www.fordmuscle.com/category/feature-cars/1970-mustang-boss-429/
Here's where I need help, and yes, I've done a search and didn't find what I'm looking for. I'll be getting my painted car back in a few weeks. As you can see in my build link I'm doing a complete, every nut, bolt and wire, bottoms-ups build with lots of custom modifications. I'm now preparing the "build plan" where I want to list each significant build item in chronological order to help me prevent having to redo work or have to take something apart I just installed because I forgot to install something before it.

Some examples: Install Dynamat and new headliner to roof before installing glass, or install new brake lines before ??, install new main wire harness before of just after dash install, or install door handles, latches before/after new door glass, felt/weather stripping, etc., etc.

Having said all this…. My build is very custom and unique in a lot of ways…. But if I can find a good generic or detail “build plan” as a starting point, that would be very good for me. It will help me think of the items I have, add the logical order for my build items and then edit the plan to my unique build.

Also, even if you don’t know of a complete entire end-to-end plan, I’d sure like feedback of your lessons learned for any part of the build to help prevent mistakes and rework….. say… do I install windshield wiper linkage before or after wiper motor install? Sure, maybe it doesn’t matter, but one way may be easier or have a side benefit? So I’m looking for the experts trade secrets, i.e., tricks of the trade. Anything will help, nothing too small, as each little build item will be a piece to the big puzzle.

In return, when the build list/plan is complete in the next few weeks; I’ll share with anyone wanting it.

Thanks Mark

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
would take a book to answer . see if there is a book.

get a log a note what work was done . now you have an order. 1st off=last on. bag/box and note/mark the parts and locate on car .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts