Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a nice project car for my son. It only has 54K miles and the floor pans and trunk look excellent. The doors and fenders have no rust. The only rust I found was by the Vin ID area by the left fender. This is a 6 cylinder car with AC and auto matic. I can buy if for about $5k. The engine was rebuilt about 20K miles ago and the card drives very good. It was hit in the drivers door, which was replaced with no other major damage. The car has a 10 year old paint job in the original maroon color it looks okay from 20 feet but some of the clear is starting to come off. There are a few minor dents in the car, small hood dent, small trunk lid dent. This car look so much better than my 1966 coupe when I purchased it 10 years ago. My plan is to install the 289 engine I have and probably paint the car in the next few years. I will also put new wheels and tires when budget allows. Any input from other market knowledgebale peolple would be appreciated. This is not a project car so do not compare it with the ones you bought for cheaper and drug out of the weeds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cahorne on 4/8/06 2:40am ]</font>

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
If you were going to keep the car as is it would probably be a good buy.But if it needs a paint job and some body work and you are going to swap it over to a V-8 that is going to add up big time.Don't forget you will need to change the front spindles and rear end along with all the other little 6-8 swap headaches.The 54,000 miles sounds impressive but if the engine has already been rebuilt and you will probably be swapping all the rest of the driveline the mileage really doesn't have much meaning anymore...It would probably be cheaper to keep looking for a V-8 car.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a pretty excited young man that going to be tortured over the next few years as we get it completed and he waits to get his license.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. We are big OU fans, (i grew up in OKC) and my son could not believe we found this color. He even joked about putting cream stripes on it..... I think he was only kidding and we will probably re-paint it back burgundy and put the Shelby stripes on the car in Silver with a Shelby hood and GT package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.