Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my comp c-4 pt#C6AP7DO27-C and has 29A on top of tailshaft.ordered a bellhousing pt #RF-C5AP-7976B,this bell does not fit the trans that i ordered.the trans guy said i need a bellhousing pt #D7 or DOG PAW 7976 AA. is that the right one for this trans. its going in my 69mach1 408w.very confusing to get all the right parts for this swap, trans now is fmx.did this place send me the wrong bellhousing?. thanks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
64TBOLT my trans now is a fmx. someone said i have a flare bell.it seems to fit on the front pump but doesnt go on all the way ,hits the dip stick hole on bottom trans guy said i need a 7976AA bell to fit my 69mach1, thanks.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
i'm not up on the FMX.Yours has a iron body with alum.tail shaft housing.I belive you need a bell.just for that trans and engine
What is the comp C4 a trans?The C4/C5 trans is all alumn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 5/18/02 8:31pm ]</font>

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the trans is a full rollerized trans from jpt, i have to get the right bell to fit the 351w,perogie enterprises has them, thats where i got the other one from, have to call on monday to change it, hope i can get the right one this time.fmx is cast iron with alum tailshsft.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
64 TBOLT i am changing my fmx to c-4 in my 69 mach1,the bell that i got is not the right one for this trans,trying to get the right one so i can start taking it apart, its just trying to get all the right parts for this change over, i dont see many articles on doing this conversion, anybody know if any mags did this fmx to c-4 let me know. i know years back i saw a article on this but cant find it. maybe mustang monthly or one of those ford mags.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
IF you have a PAN fill C4 trans you need a pan fill bell.Thats the one that bolts to the case NOT the pump.351W and 302 bells. are the same bolt pattern.You may have have to change your slip yoke???Get a early 302 ring gear(28oz)and a C4 converter.I'm not sure about the FMX converter bolt pattern.get the spacer plate thats inbetween the block and bell for the C4.I belive everything you need is from a pre 79 302

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 5/20/02 6:47am ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts