Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so hears teh deal
i uat giot the new p/a rev manual valve body i ordered from summit . i was sliding the shift valve in and out wilsht checking over the vb
and i noticed some crude on it so i pulled it out of the vb
and i got to say it looks like crap pitted up pretty darn good with a bit of rust on the low lying areas of teh valve
so here is the ? i do have a different valve out of another trans will it work they seem to be preety close the the same but the pa valve is a bit wider in dia. from the e clip toward the longer end of the valve will it make a difference ?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
If you are asking if you can trade spools from a stock valve body into a modified, manual valve body the answer is NO!

Even if it looked identical it would not be a good idea. If you can see a difference then the valves will not interchange. It might fit into the same hole but it won't seal the same way.

If it has crud in it call Summit and tell them what you found. Ask them if you can get it replaced with another one. If they tell you to go to the manufacturer then call them and tell them the same thing. See if they are willing to take it back. If they tell you to go ahead and use it and see if it works then ask them if they will send you a letter saying that that is what they want you to do. That way if it messes up your tranny you can go to small claims court to get your tranny fixed.
If you swap parts and mess up your tranny it is all yours - you own all the pieces that it explodes into.
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts