Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I put the trans back in I thought I would freshen it up. I already put a B&M shift kit in it Street strip set up. What would you buy for a rebuild kit? Looking for a complete kit.

77 C-4 Case fill 26 spline small bellhousing.

Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I used a $70 Transtar kit from http://www.naparts.com/ . has everything but the thrust washers, but if your are in good shape you can reuse them.

Anyone know why B&M and TCIs kits are so expensive??

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I had good luck with the TransStar kit like Walt mentioned. I got mine thru Northern Auto Parts and it was about $50 a few years back.Also,try http://www.bulkparts.com/ I 've had good luck ordering from them also.

When is that 544 of yours gonna be running,anyway?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When is that 544 of yours gonna be running,anyway?
I'm still rounding up parts for it, I just got some axles out of a 66 T-bird that can be shortened some of the 9" axles can't but these can. I also need rods for the Clevor might just go with stock truck rods like I had if I can find some good ones cheep. It's coming along but I found a Mustang II that's all there and should be on the road by the end of the week. I need something to peel the skin back on my face this summer and the Mustang will get me and the boy's to the track much sooner than the 544. I don't want to scare the boy's first time out and the Mustang will brake them in slowly.

I hope to have a rolling chassis (sp) by the end of the summer.

I think I'm going with the XE274H for the M II sound like a nice cam.

Thanks.........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 393Clevor on 4/8/02 7:58pm ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did someone could tell how to identify what year the tranny is ?
I have one in parts (complete) and one in the car and both need a rebuild .
the one in my car has some slipping in the shift fom 2- to 3 gear

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at the trany mount at the end of the tail shaft. I think there's a date code there somwhere between the mounting hole I think.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went down to the shop (in my underwear) and found a 76 stamped between the mounting bolt hole for the rear mount.

It came out of a 76 Cobra II dont know if they mean anything or not.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
next time oyu need a kit, check www.bulkparts.com they have performance overhaul kits with the good steels and clutchs in them.

read the other post about what to look for.....not sure if yours or whose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts