Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just got my C-4 tranny back after a rebuild freshen up It has a PA Reverse manuel valve body, 5 clutch drum Pro shift servo, PA input shaft, PA Power planets, Ok I get it in the car and ready to fire it up I have the rear end jacked up a few inches I run it throught all the gears every gear works but when i goe from 1to2nd it shifts fine then when i hit third gear the back wheels stop totaly then start spining when i shift to 3rd it stops like it locks up then in a instance it starts spining. Is this normal i dont think it is or is this in need of a band adjustment.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Always wondered if that ever happened. The VB timing involved in that shift must be interesting to set whan building a VB.
I would certainly check the band adjustment because it sounds like the band is hanging on when the direct clutch is engaged and locking up the tranny.
I would start at 1 1/2 turns out and try again.
Hopefully the builder just installed the servo with no mods or other tricks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does it sound like the band may be a little tight we are talking about the front band right.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
On 2006-06-12 04:08, LTR wrote:
So does it sound like the band may be a little tight we are talking about the front band right.
Yes, front band

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the folks who built my transmission he said to let it get real hot idleing they use a little gease to hold the checks balls in place on the valve body i guess getting the fluid good and warm helps desolve the grease it seems to work fine today it got about 2 30 minit sessions today so i will find out friday on test and tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let it get warm a few times so if there was any grease on the check balls in the valve body it would desolve and i also turned in the band adjustment about a 1/3 turn more and that seemed to fix it just right, might give it a 1/4 trun in more it ran 7.01 in the 1/8 at 97.50 MPH with a 1.55 short time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTR on 7/7/06 8:37am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts