Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started collecting parts for a T5 conversion and ran into some problems. Not that I wasn't warned that the parts may be hard to find, the F/M article is great, well detailed. My problems started when I went to Carolina Mustang looking for help and was refused unless they could kit me a package deal with tranny, pedal, support, linkage, bell housing etc. Since I already have a good low miles T5 I bought from a friend that is upgrading to a 6 speed, why should I buy another one from this guy? I left there confused by his business practices. Does anyone have a reliable source for original or aftermarket clutch pedal and support hardware?
Also, Does anyone know if the Falcon, Fancon Ranchero, and Cougar are similar enough to Mustang for salvaging the clutch pedal and support?
Mine is a 1967 Fastback.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just bought a kit from Ron Morris Perfomance for my '67 Cougar (same as mustang). Really happy with it. Little cheaper than the Modern Driveline kit, and I think better too, (his kit doesn't put any load on the firewall at all, so you don't need to re-inforce the firewall), and it's easy as hell to put in. He's also really helpful. I had a question about header clearance, called him up, and he had my question answered immediately. Great guy!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh, yeah. The pedal wasn't included in the kit, but it isn't included in the Modern Driveline kit either. I got my pedal off of ebay for like $60.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Carolina Mustangs packages sound like a warranty issue, but maybe they are jerks.

Actually, I plan to use the John's Mustang and Classics hydraulic clutch, however, it is pricey. If funds run out I will go with the cable.

That is good info on the Ron Morris Performance. I think he has the best tranny crosmember as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gearhead,

Goto www.vintage-maustang.com and find their classifed wanted section. Post a want ad for a set of '67 Manual transmission pedals. Make sure you ask for exactly what you want (ie. power brake or non-power brakes, etc)

I'll bet you'll have 2-3 responses in a couple of days.

This is what I did. Actually this is what I do for all hard to find original parts and I've always get the part and at a better price than you'll get on e-bay.

Good luck,

Dale302

1 - 9 of 9 Posts