Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1952 Ford Victoria with a 302 and an AOD transmission. The transmission was never set up properly so now it has no overdrive. I’m replacing the AOD with a C4. I Purchased the C4 from a running driving car. For some reason the seller missed placed the torque converter. Can I use an AOD torque converter On the C4 transmission? I have a good AOD converter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Short answer... No.

The AOD and C4 converters are quite different inside.

Get the proper C4 converter.
Fix the AOD and take advantage of that .67 overdrive,did you use the Lokar TV cable ? Watch video part 1 and Part 2
Also the mount on the transmission of a C4 is further up than the AOD. so you will have to add an extension on the cross member. Does the AOD's fluid have a burnt smell ? Improper adjustment will burn out the 3-4 clutch pack so if it smells burnt you will have to have the converter flushed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also remember that there are 2 different c4 input shafts. Is it an early trans 24 spline or a later 26 spline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Btw as long as the previous trans was and aod and not an aod-e, you can probably get a local trans shop to help you set it up correctly. Just linkage adjusment on the TV cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts