Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with this problem. In all the books that have mods on c-6 i have read,they say to drill holes around the high-reverse clutch drum . The problem is does it need to be balanced afterwards? If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it...Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I will have to double check with my dad but I believe I broke mine in my C6. I WOULD THINK drilling holes would make it weaker...wouldn't it? Come to think of it, It would have been a Forward Clutch drum? that I broke, not the reverse. If I can ever get pictures, I will post it, I have the piece. 3 trans shops never saw a break like this.

Now that this was NO help what so ever, I wish you luck on the next persons Post

Jeff Given

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Mac,as long as you drill the holes all in a line around the drum and keep them evenly spaced or exactly opposite each other you wont have a problem.I'd say there is more chance with oil trapped in the drum unevenly affecting the balance than the holes.
M.M i would be interested to see a pic of that broken forward hub .I have a broken one here too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i broke a forward drum to . the cluches hit so hard it took the snape ring and grove right out of the cluch drum . that is why im rebilding my c-6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts