Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Colorado weather is cooperating today, I drove my car to work. When I parked it on a slight incline and put the C4 in park, the car was able to roll forward. There was an audible "clunk" (not very loud, though) every few inches. It seemed like park was trying to engage but it wouldn't lock like expected. All gears and neutral seem to work fine.

I've got a B&M shifter that uses a cable, and I was careful about making sure the cable was adjusted properly (it is new and only has about 100 miles of in-town driving). I have a manual valve body, so there is a lot of shifter activity going on.

Do these cables stretch when first installed? Does it sound like the cable is out of adjustment or is there maybe a bigger problem?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Sounds like your shifter is not quite letting the trans hit park.I'd readjust the cable and try it again.Had similiar probs with my Falcon with a cheapie hurst unit.I either wouldn't get low gear or park unless the linkage piece on the tranny was just perfect,Very embarrassing taking off from the light is second gear!DOOHHH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts