Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been working on getting the wagon into DD status and I need to find trans crossmember. The PO bent a piece of 3/8 steel strap and just drilled the floor and added some extra large washers on the inside of the tub......al-la the sandwich, I dont know what I'm doing crossmember!

Does someone make a crossmember for the Falcon, already setup for a C4/C5? Or do I have to make one?

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Ford did. The original Falcon manual and C4 X-members are identical IIRC. Just find a '65 Falcon factory trans X-member, and it will probably be what you need. Verify with a measurement before you buy.

David

·
Registered
340 Posts
IIRC, they used the same cross member for every transmission. I know my old 61 had the same one as my 65, and my 61 originally came with a veg-o-matic.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
If the factory mounting locations are still there? (Mine had been hacked apart when somebody installed the Top Loader.) It wouldn't take much to build one from some scrap material, and buy a transmission mount from whatever car you can think of that had a C4.

Jet

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The origanal is gone, I found an after market one thats made for Falcons, with the new rubber mount for around $80. Havent started on THAT part of the wagon yet. I need to replace the motor mounts and come up with a real trans mount.......but its getting there.....oh so slowly. LOL

·
Registered
684 Posts
The origanal is gone, I found an after market one thats made for Falcons, with the new rubber mount for around $80. Havent started on THAT part of the wagon yet. I need to replace the motor mounts and come up with a real trans mount.......but its getting there.....oh so slowly. LOL
Falconparts.com has one. That may be the same style you found.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup....that's pretty much the same thing I've found. Kinda putting that on the back burner right now. Whats in there is working for now and I have other fish to fry first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts