Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Peter from Sweden here. I use google translate so I apologize if it seems a bit funny written =)

I have just rebuilt my c4 67 to a 74-year model with modified clutch, and more friction plates. I have mounted gearbox and it works perfectly. a problem that arose was that I did not get any oil to the gearbox oil cooler? There are some drops when you remove the tube and check, there is no pressure. I think the problem lies in the 2 balls and spring you can pick off, which I unfortunately did not. I have substantial oil pressure in the gearbox from the pump so it's probably not the problem.

What I'm wondering now if we can somehow solve this problem without having to tear down the gearbox again. I thought of the connection where one can measure the pressure in the gearbox from the oil pump, If I put a connection there with a restrictor that is approximately 1.5 mm and takes it to the oil cooler instead? Would it work maybe, what do you think? Does the pressure drop in the gearbox because of this?

Sincerely

Peter

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Problem is the converter is what generates the heat. The cooling circuit is oil that comes thru the converter as per the diagram posted

Also with no flow going thru the converter does not get a continuous fresh charge of fluid.
You need to fix the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is the converter is what generates the heat. The cooling circuit is oil that comes thru the converter as per the diagram posted

Also with no flow going thru the converter does not get a continuous fresh charge of fluid.
Thanks for your answer. So even if it shift into gear perfectly i still have a problem? Is it the converter that pushes oil into the cooler?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for your answer. So even if it shift into gear perfectly i still have a problem? Is it the converter that pushes oil into the cooler?

Edit: note to self.... Look better at the diagram. Thank you Mario :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts