Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to the site and have a Q on a c4.. I have never worked on a trans before but I needed to replace the pump gasket every thing seems to have went ok just removed the bolts took the bell off. Could see the gasket had been leaking a long time anyways I put it back together and put the convert on the shaft. Here is the Dumb Q when I spin the converter should the tail shaft turn? I turned the convert and believe its locked in place but get no movement at the tail. I just dont know if it should or not I dont think I messed anything up. Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
First off, the only dumb question is the question that is not asked.

Second, automatics require pump pressure to operate. You can't spin the converter fast enough to get any measurable pump pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the convert back off the center shaft turns and then I can feel the tail turning also. So Im pretty sure every thing lined up the longer spline on the center shaft goes to the converter correct? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.