Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain this please ?? Also where would one get the parts ? I have been debating on wheather to try a shot of rebuilding my C4 out of the Ranchero or just go with a TCI street fighter . Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,371 Posts
Replaces most of the thrust washers prone to wearing .Bearings are commonly available from a T350. Easily done .I can email you instructions if you choose to do your own .

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Most of the guys on this site that are rollerizing and modifying C4s are machinist or have cheap access to someone who can do the machining. If the machining isn't a problem for you, then go ahead and do your own.

If you don't have access to machine tools, you can buy most of the parts already machined and ready to install from Jay at broaderperformance.com. He has a good reputation for customer service. You can also buy a complete trans from Jay at about any level you want.

Either way you go you will have a better product than anything TCI can offer. The street fighter trans is not much more than a stock rebuild with a shift kit from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey gregaust, can I get a copy of those instructions as well, please?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I rollerized my 24 spline C4 twenty years ago. It is 99% strip and 1% "street" . It has been bulletproof for those twenty on my high ten , low 11 second GT350H.
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts