Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
let me tell you a bit on what im doing here... im building a c4 useing a c5 case, i have the 72-up v/b dums 5-5 clutch pack, shift mods to valve body, green stripe modulator lube mod's, sonnax oversized boost valve, my question is im down to the governor.. i have three diffrent one's. i have two of the with black ink marks and one that has yellow, im looking to pick the best one out of the three, well one has a longer spring than the other, and one has a diffrent looking valve the bigger valve, the top land on it seems wider than the others.. i have a few picture im going to try to post, let me know what you think, look at the one in the middle.. also what size modulator pin would be a good start?
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I sell a lighter secondary piston spring, which will normally increase your full throttle shifts in drive 500-1000 RPMS.
Sometimes the secondary piston has to be lightened by drilling with a carbide bit, or you have to anneal the piston, drill & then quench it to reharden it.

Its a trial & error deal & you have to remove the extension housing to access the C-4 governor.
The cost of the spring is $15.00 postpaid to the lower 48.
My paypal address is [email protected]
Bill Ambler

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bill, I need one of those springs, currently shift 2to3 @4500 need to be closer to 5500, would like to give it a try. 1967 C-4
Bruce
I will email you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts