Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how to install a C4 into a Morris Minor if anyone wants to know how.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't fit in from the bottom like a normal car. The tailshaft goes thru a hole in the original crossmember that used to have the driveshaft passing thru.The frame at the front isn't as wide as the bellhousing so in from the top it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
That is just too sweet Jim. Very nice looking car(from what the picture shows) and I bet it's a blast. Good luck with the new C-4.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just like the tranny in my buddies '67 MGB GT. Gonna have to help him take it out again, because the O/D tranny that we put in is'nt working right.

He has a solid crossmember that it has to go through. I tink we can make some flanges and turn it into a bolt in one.

I'd love to see more pictures of that car, maybe some of the bottom.

1964 Comet 289 C4 daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 4/1/02 1:52pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Reminds me of a time I put a 460 in a Pinto!
Man I hate short wheelbase cars but you never see one of them! Must be nice to have a nice car AND have the only one!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More of the Morris can be seen at http://members.aol.com/danmas/289minor.htm The info is about 3 years old however. The short wheelbase does cause some handling problems which is why lately I've been running it more 1/8 mile than 1/4.It has run 12.0's/112MPH 1/4 and 7.5's 91mph 1/8 but I haven't been able to make a good pass lately because of the trans problem.That should be fixed soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts