Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 mustang with a 351c and a c4 transmission from 1970 I have rebuilt transmission and put a transgoshift kit in it I’m getting 15 inches of mercury at idle and vacuum modulator has been replaced and I still can’t get third gear any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Was the modulator adjusted ? How long is the pin? How much preload on the pin? Is the spool valve under the modulator pin facing the right way? Is the kickdown free and not jammed on?

The vacuum is definitely full manifold vacuum and not a ported vacuum source?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have adjusted the modulator in both directions and it didn’t make much difference. The pin is 1.55 long. Kickdown lever is free and works proper .i have done an air test on tranny and all clutch packs work , both bands operate proper . The only thing didn’t test right was governor and I am going to pull apart tonight and see what I find . The valve body I tore apart and can’t find any thing wrong. I have new modulator coming going to try that to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply but I think I have found my problem the govener valves were stuck and wouldn’t move freely will know tomarrow if it works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts