Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P.A. ProComp C4 with a reverse manual valve body. Just got the c4 back from P.A. 3 weeks ago. Ran great until today. On the way home it did not want to shift into 3rd. Then when I got home I realized There was no reverse at all. The transmission is warrantied for life but I don't have another $300 for shipping much less the 6 weeks turn around time. Any thoughts where I need to look first? Valve body or deeper? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
First thing is to call PA and get their help with their tranny. They should be helpful as they know you are a loud negative to their business - but there's no guarantee of that. However, to keep your warranty, talk to them first.
:bicker:
David

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have you checked the adjustment of your shifter mechanism? Something there may be loose or out of adjustment.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three great responses. I do plan on calling PA to ask their advise. I did recheck the shifter linkage adjustment. It was exactly where it needed to be. But I will check it again. Thanks. I will keep this string updated as I dig and Chet it back to running condition.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Speaking of checking shifter linkage, there are a few shifters out there that do not have properly placed detents or stops. If an aftermarket shift arm is sued, sometimes the radius of the linkage hole is off. To see if either is your issue, disconnect the linkage at the trans shift arm, and select the shifter and trans to each gear separately. The linkage should line right up with the arm at each selection. If not, it may not position the shift spool correctly, even if adjusted properly. I perform this check with all aftermarket shifters and custom installations. It's surprising how often they are off from each other.
:(
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts