Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an intermmediate servo cover for my C4. I've heard good things about the PA unit, has anyone had any experience with the TCI unit offered in Jegs? Right now, I can't see justifying the cost difference between the PA and TCI unit ($112 vs $77), and the TCI cover looks like a beefier unit. Any opinions are appreciated.

Oops, almost forgot, both units have the H piston.

Thanks!!

Pat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sandman351 on 4/4/02 6:15pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Trans-King use to make a servo cover for the C4, it was (not sure if they still make it) a thick cover similar to the TCI servo. Of the the two that has a web site that shows the servo, I would pick TCI's servo.

here is a link to Trans-King, not much there

http://www.transking.qpg.com/

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The TCI unit is just an H servo that they've (TCI), did up in aluminum billet.

The PA unit is redesigned. Quicker/harder/snappier shifts, slices/dices, makes thousands of julian fries instantly. You'll jump higher, run faster....... Give PA a call. They're always more then happy to talk/give advice/sell ya stuff.

Seriously. I run a PA cover (along with a buttload of their internals), and it works great!

Give 'em a call. Doesn't hurt a bit...Go to their website...........(see my car).......

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just installed a TCI cover for a friend and also a PA cover for myself and I personally think that it is like comparing apples and oranges they are very different pieces. Here goes why.
The TCI unit has stock H type seals and for some reason they installed a o-ring seal to the cover, but made no provision for the leakage oil between the apply and release seals to get to the drain back hole at the edge of the case, not sure why they did that or what the o-ring is supposed to seal I personally think that they must think it looks good and sounds good for marketing. TCI also provides new longer bolts for their thicker cover flange.
PA piece is very nice much better quality machining etc. Uses a custom H size piston with lip seals (much better seal) in my opinion. they to added a o-ring seal to the cover, not sure what it is for as they have provided a bleed hole that alows the leakage oil to get to the drain back hole at the edge of the case which circomvents the o-ring so I say why bother at all. The PA unit also comes with very nice studs and nuts to install it this should help prevent striping out the case threads and provide very good clamping of the cover and gasket. The cost is a bit higher, but I think after seeing both I would buy another PA before I would use the TCI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts