Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting B&M shift kit in c4 looking at instructions just wondering if you can drill holes in separator plate bigger than 3/16 if this would help it to shift harder. or does this part of tranny have no affect on firmness of shifts. or any other tricks i can do to valve body while i have it apart.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am not sure, but if you follow the direcions and put the stage 2 in, it will shift plenty hard. I had to back it down to stage 1, it was too hard for every day use.
if you want it even harder, put B&M trick shift in.
Good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
drilling a bigger hole will not make a difference, the hole on the other side of the seperator plate is no bigger than 3/16, so drilling it out any bigger would do absolutely nothing

·
Registered
977 Posts
Dr Evil is right. If you plan on driving the car every day, the "Street/strip" version will get old. Even with easy pedal, the C4 will shift hard. I have heard others say that the Transgo kit shifts quick, but not as hard.
Coincidentally, I built a pan-fill C4 with the B & M shift kit and an R servo for my Model A. It shifted quick and firm, but not as hard as the present C4 (case fill with A servo).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I drive one with the 2ed stage B&M Transpack, H servo and all that crap, everyday. I love it! All the part throttle driving it isnt that bad at all. It only really shifts hard when my right foot gets heavy...

All B&M Trickshift is, is type FA ATF.

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 6/16/02 2:32am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
i have a C5 behind my 460 with a B&M transpak in the comp mode.LOVE IT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64 TBOLT on 6/16/02 2:44am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts