Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the Forum but not the Ford world. I have a '67 Fairlane 500 289/C4 and having the trans rebuilt in a month or so. Question is..... The C4 I have is from a '65 Galaxie, does anyone know what my best choice would be for a Shift Kit? I hear a lot of good things about TransGo but I am a little fuzzy on picking the correct one.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Transgo is a great choice. You may need to remove the valvebody first and check exactly what it is .
I could send some info how to identify if you need going by casting codes

·
Registered
358 Posts
From past experience, i do not use the Trans-Go downshift spring cause it is to stiff. Just leave the stock spring in otherwise if there is any deflection in the linkage the weaker stock spring will allow full throttle kick-downs with less pressure on the accelerator pedal. Bill

·
Registered
358 Posts
Greg, Transgo supplies a stiffer spring for full throttle downshifts. It goes in the valve body. From past experience just leave the stock softer spring in there. Their spring is so stiff it will cause deflection in throttle linkage, thus resulting in a possible, no downshift.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
I'm well aware of what Transgo do. The only spring they give a choice is the pressure reg spring.
Not following you which of these springs will cause deflection of the downshift linkage??

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Greg, i believe it is a white spring that the manual kickdown lever depresses a pin projecting from the valve body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts