Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
selling my c4 transmission that i pulled out of my 69 galaxie. no idea how many miles are on it. but it does need some tlc. i have a new pan gasket, and rear seal for it. i might even have the metal ring that goes in the tail shaft, (cant remember right now) tail shaft is seperated from the main case right now. and i think a couple of the bolts to the bellhousing are also out. not shipping this trans so local pick up only. located in northern california.

130$ OBO. make offers, i want this thing out of my way

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Where in Nor Cal?

I got someone leaving Sacramento Wednesday to come up for the FM 3rd annual BBQ Bash at my place. $130 sounds steep for a less than complete tranny..... If I can get him to drop by I'll offer $50 for it. Unless he had no room in his rig. I think that's fair for what's essentially a core tranny...

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I spoke to him and he's driving his 2010 Mustang up from Sacto for the BBQ bash, and I don't want the car getting all schitty form a tranny. This is off a 289 powered Gal right?

If there's zero possibility of it leaking and getting grease in the car and he still has room for his stuff then he might do it for me. Then you can hide in his suit case like on Speed Racer and come to my party also! Meet a whole lot of us Pacific Northwesterners. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I might be a little to tall to hide in a suit case.

It came off a 351w galaxie.

i could wrap it up in a tarp in hopes that zero dirt would get on his car. But personally wouldn't want to take the chance if it was my car

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is. but between now and tomorrow i dont have time to get over there to wash it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts