Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 74 C4 that I rebuilt and now I'm looking a getting a new valve body for it. I rebuilt the transmission that was giving to me It sat outside in the weather for years I had to replace the inpit shaft and the lines going to the govenor. I took it for the a test ride yesterday and it felt like the drive gears were draging (like it was taking off in 3dr gear) rev gear killed the motor when shifted into it. I took off the valve body to make sure it was in the transmission correct. It was not the downshaft rod was not in the valve body right. I put it in and made sure that the linkage was into the right place on the transmission. Now I have rev but drive is next to nothing I have to put out a lot of RMP to make the car go forward. I'm thinking that somewere in the valve body something is not right so I just want to get another valve body that is good and try that route. When I took the valve body out the fluid was clean ont burn smelling and still had new color.
Would like to have a valve body with a shift kit it is going into a 1963 fairlane with a stock 289 and daily driver.
Thanks

Brett
417 294-2925

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: btaillon on 7/7/06 1:35am ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts