Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has any used G E R comp trans C4 or what brand of C4 do you use are you running the 2:84 low gear let me know your set up
Alan

·
Registered
777 Posts
One word of advice, GER is JUNK! Spend a little more money somewhere else and get something that will last, and is a good quality product. I have a TransKing brake in my C4, and the C4 was built by a local racetrans shop. I have a Coan convertor. Coan makes good stuff, as does JPT. TCI has decent stuff, but it's all shelf stuff. Nothing is custom built for each customer.

If you doubt my opinion on GER, go to

www.dragraceresults.com

go to bracket talk, and do a search on GER. At least 90% of the guys on there who have tried GER now just swears at them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Just re-read your post.
No it doesnt have the low gear set. It does have roller planetaries though. The low gear set is overkill in my application. With a 6000 rpm convertor, I dont need much more torque multiplication.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I have run GER, JW, TCI, Fairbanks converters and valve bodies and not one seemed any better than the next. What mattered was matching the converter to the engine/cam combo.

I remember years back people making big complaints about PA's transbrake for the C4, but now days they swear by them.

When you get right down to it, there are only a couple manufaturers of internal torque converter components or even the transbrake solenoids/springs. All the companies have to go to them to get these parts. No matter what their advertisement says. Sonnax is one that makes a lot of these parts that they all use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts