Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a c4 that has a T-bar floor shift setup and would like to connect it to a colum change that is standard in the falcon I'm dropping it into,but the shift arm/lever is on the other side of the trans any ideas to solve this problem would help thanks

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I think what you mean Cloudy is the trans has the correct lever with the mount points above and below the pivot point,but your falcon has the column shift linkages on the drivers side.(thats the r.h side for our U.S friends).Since your 82 falcon didn't come with a column c4 you will need to get hold of some column shift linkages from an XA or XB falcon.The column linkages for a c4 have a shaft that goes right across below the transmission and has a pivot point on each side chassis rail.On the drivers side the column connects to this via a linkage and then there is a short link on the passenger side to hook the cross linkage to the trans..I wll say though,if you plan to fit extractors ,a lot of the brands state they may not fit with a column shift..I do have some diagrams in a factory manual i could email if that would help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts