Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok iam getting very close to rebuliding my c5 and, i got a few questions. Ok from my understanding ALL C5s 82-86 were lockup is this right? Becuse i hear diffirent things such as ONLY the V8 cars had lock up?. Next thing is the c5 that was behind a v6 the same as one that was behind a v8 powerd car?. My dad who brought my 83 capri v6 form factory said he did away with the lock-up on the c5 by just changing the conveter that was it form my understanding i was told u had to change the bell ,converter and valve body? Last thing what bellhousing/ flexplate come with a 3.8 v6 141tooth?

thinks mike

·
Registered
659 Posts
My C5 out of a V6 Cougar came with a 164 tooth bellhousing and a non-lockup converter. I ran it behind my v8 and got about 400-500 higher stall out of it.
I think your dad is right and the V8 cars had the lockup converter. There were non-lockups also in the time frame. Could be all the v6's were non lockup.
I also ran the C5 valve body with a Transgo reprogramming kit in it.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
the C5's behind the B2's were lockup.I have 3 of them.The C5 that was behind my 460 was a non lockup.That one came out of a 84ish F150,300 six 2wd(pan fill)

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
i have one(C5) in my 90 B2,2.9 with a C5 VB and C5 converter and it doesnt lockup.Maybe theres something wrong with the converter,i dont know.I tried to buy a C5 converter(lockup) around here and was told NO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts