Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
I'm taking a guess here, you mean by pump seal the front seal on the tranny? They do pull out, carry it with you to the parts store if they say they have one in stock to be sure it's the right one. Unless someone here has the part number so you can order it online and kno you are getting the right one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looking for Tips
Pump Seal Leaking Bad.
Will Pump "Pull" out?
Yes, but it's been a decade and I can't remember exactly how, seems I recall taking loose bolts around edges and then tapping around with rubber mallet and it coming loose. I'm sorry I cannot recall more about it. But, it DOES pull out the front, that much I recall.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Yep..remove the bolts, a little tip tap and it'll wiggle out. When you remove it, be sure to replace both seals. one for the torque converter and the big o-ring around the outside of the pump. Also, when you remove the pilot shaft, pay attention to which way it came out. It will go back in either way, but the splines are different lenghts as well as it's machined in different places on either end. Be sure to coat the o-ring with some Vaseline before you re-install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts