Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright ive got the c6 into my 88 mustang now and im goin to route the transmission lines in an hour hopefully and i was wondering where they come out of the tranny at? and can i use all soft line to run it to the radiator or do i need to fab hard lines? i believe i saw one line on each side of the tranny but i dont remember for sure.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
the front tranny line near the bell housing is the 'out' and the line back by the tail housing is the 'in' line.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gates makes some stuff, its called Synflex I believe, I got mine from my brother who manages a semi repair shop. Its a lot easier to work with then steel braided and cheaper. Trucks use it for millions of miles so it should be alright for cars. It has a cloth covering, just ask around at a truck repair shop they should be able to fix you up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I gave always just used 5/16 steel brake lines. Works well. You can run it all the way up the trans cooler at the front and then use a short section of rubber line to connect the lines to the cooler.

One thing to help: The rear line fitting on the trans is going to very close to the trans tunnel in your car. It's hard to bend hardlines that sharp without kinking it. I used a 90° brass elbow. Made hooking the line up much easier.

Later,

David Cole

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave C on 3/12/02 1:08am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If I could find one, I would check to see if the rear cooler line fitting for the C4 will work in a C6. This fitting screws into the case and has a jam nut to secure it. The fitting is a 90* angle fitting and point the opening for the tranny line down towards the ground.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
If you're going to drag race at a NHRA/IHRA track you can't use rubber of any kind except for connection purposes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
qtr, the Synflex is steel braided with some damn tough cloth type of outer cover, do you think they will allow it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts