Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
find out who wins by watching it.

remember not a hardcore race so make of it what you want.

http://www.wetplants.net/Z/C6ZvsFGT.wmv

Tony

96 Pontiac Formula
01 Nissan Sentra SE, daily driver

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cman on 6/2/06 1:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
GHEY. "just an intake and tune"

I still want the red car!

·
Registered
240 Posts
On 2006-06-02 11:15, strtcar wrote:
car and driver or road and track just did a test on ford Shelby GT500 vs. Corvette (Not Z06) and the vette blew the mustang away in every catagory, kinda disapointing.
Well that is the problem with a car thay weights 3900 LBS!!! Ford really screwed up when they didn't try and cut some of the weight out of that PIG!! I would never buy one just for that reason. The vette almost weights 1,000 pounds less. Just imagine what the C6 zo6 will do to that heavy PIG. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EricButler on 6/3/06 2:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
The car ran a 12.25 @117 mph. Can you say 11.90's with a tire that is able to handle 500HP! Sorry 285's out back just isnt enough.

Traction is a MAJOR issue with the GT500. R&T, CandD and MT ALL had issues with the car hooking up.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
But when did Ford EVER beat the Corvette? With the exception of the Cammer in '64? Have they don eit since? Ford in my opinion has never been able to compete with the simpleton Corvette... The '55-'57 T-Bird's were an attempt to try and I imagine did ok, but the damn Corvette in stock condition was still whoopin the damn stock small birds then too weren't they?
And, since the Small bird's got big in '58, Ford has not made a car compareable to the 'vette since, at least not one the average humble mechanic could afford...

FE

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-06-02 12:41, FALCONAROUND wrote:
But when did Ford EVER beat the Corvette? With the exception of the Cammer in '64? Have they don eit since? Ford in my opinion has never been able to compete with the simpleton Corvette... The '55-'57 T-Bird's were an attempt to try and I imagine did ok, but the damn Corvette in stock condition was still whoopin the damn stock small birds then too weren't they?
And, since the Small bird's got big in '58, Ford has not made a car compareable to the 'vette since, at least not one the average humble mechanic could afford...

FE
55-57 Birds did it.

Afterthat,It depends if you think the 1/4 mile is how cars are judged.

A couple of times if thats the case. 2003/04 Cobra's kill a 03/04 Vette in the 1/4. And alot cheaper to boot.

When it comes to handling (corner carving). Stock for stock, Take the Vette.

The part I find most pleasurable. Is a MUSTANG is being compared to a CORVETTE.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-06-02 16:12, BabyBolt wrote:
The part I find most pleasurable. Is a MUSTANG is being compared to a CORVETTE.
What else does Chebby have anymore!!!
GM (Poncho)has the GTO.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What do we have but the Mustang and the 'almost ok' new old T-bird...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Wildo I share your view. Even considering the Mustang as a contender with the corvette is flattering to the Mustang.

When the new Camaro spanks the GT500, then chebby boys will have something to snicker about.

Until then, I'd love being able to buy three mustang GT's for the cost of a Z06.

Again, like I said, I don't ever plan on buying a new car. Anybody with spare change can do that. You basically go into debt for something you could get for half the price, and all you get is a little number on your dash that says its new.

Drivetrain swaps, however...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts