Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a good deal on some C6AE heads with stainless steel valves that have had a valve job and also polishing on the intake and exhaust port. Would these heads fit a later model roller cam 5.0?

·
Registered
310 Posts
The water passages on the intake side are cosiderably smaller and have sealing issues when used with the latemodel factory intakes.

Also, they will use a different length push rod.

I ran a home ported set on a dish piston 351w and It ran quite well.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
On 2006-07-30 20:15, scottford351 wrote:

Also, they will use a different length push rod.
They don't use a different length push-rod. I have a set of ford motorsport hardened roller motor pushrods on my roller block, roller cam engine with some 68 302 heads, and the Geo is just right.
Why would they be different if unless the heads or the block were decked alot? The head height is the same forever and the deck height the same Soo I'm not sure where your getting this from?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
yes and??
what your referring to is pushrods that come off of NON-roller engines. The ford stock roller pushrod is 6.272 and he shouldn't have to change lengths unless there are major changes in valve length or excessively milled heads.
So yes they should fit no problems and just be aware that if the new heads have threaded rocker studs and no rail rockers you need some new hardened pushrods (at the same 6.272) for the guide plates.
Comp i think has them as well as aforementioned Ford Motorsport.

·
Registered
310 Posts
On 2006-07-31 00:53, 71hotrodpinto wrote:
yes and??
what your referring to is pushrods that come off of NON-roller engines.
What I'm referencing is that they use .050 shorter than 302 push rods.
And when you put them in a 302 hydro roller motor you still will need .050 shorter push rods.
I figured everyone could figure that out without spelling it out.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Geeze i swear some people wont read the facts.
Roller Engines run 6.272 length pushrods, Non roller use 6.800 or 6.850
Quite a difference there Id say, Hmm more than .05!
If you don't believe me check the ford motorsport Catalog.
Why are they so much shorter? well the roller lifter is that much longer than a standard flat tappet lifter.
Plain an simple but i guess some people need it SPELLED OUT.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pushrod length would depend on what style of rockers might be used on the C6AE heads when they get installed on the later engine ...

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts