Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C90X-9424-B intake that has a P stamped in bottom bunge no other letters could this be real on fake. I know its been on this motor over 45 years

·
Registered
477 Posts
What motor? There is a bunch of Holman Moody manifolds out there that have a Ford part number on them. It made them legal for many race classes that way.

·
Registered
602 Posts
A manifold with C9OX on it is a "period" made manifold. They were offered under the Ford Muscle Parts program . It is basically the same as the Cobra/Shelby lettered single four dual plane intakes. Never reproduced with the C9OX number.
Randy

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What motor? There is a bunch of Holman Moody manifolds out there that have a Ford part number on them. It made them legal for many race classes that way.
I pulled it off a 1966 C6AE 289 that also had a C50F dual point distributor and the Cobra kit Camshaft in it C90Z but not the right main caps. but it did have 4 barrel heads.. looks like someone wanted a HiPo motor

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled it off a 1966 C6AE 289 that also had a C50F dual point distributor and the Cobra kit Camshaft in it C90Z but not the right main caps. but it did have 4 barrel heads.. looks like someone wanted a HiPo motor
The P is stamped on the same bunge as where other ones are stamped

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A manifold with C9OX on it is a "period" made manifold. They were offered under the Ford Muscle Parts program . It is basically the same as the Cobra/Shelby lettered single four dual plane intakes. Never reproduced with the C9OX number.
Randy
Thank you Randy

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's a 69 Shelby HiPo piece. Same intake as the Edel F4B. Good manifold and probably better quality control making it then some of the stuff I've seen these days.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The C90X for the 289-302 was not a Shelby part. ONLY the 351W Shelby lettered intake was OEM on a 69/70 Shelby GT350. It was C9OX-A

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ford. Shelby didn't have the engineering staff to design hard core engine parts. They were all done by Ford.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ford sometimes cast parts with engineering numbers instead of part numbers. If a part went to full (even limited race) production, the number was changed to the assigned part number. No idea where my crossover book is at this point. Late 60s it was kept with the shop manuals same as the Holley List refernce manual.... I don't think I have ever seen a digital copy available.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Typical "production casting numbers end with E used for production Engineering numbers that Manufacturing goes by. RARELY ( but it has happened) do the actual parts have the exact Parts and Service "part" number on them. Aluminum intakes are where the situation occurs the most. A few examples are C6ZZ dual four 289, C7ZX , dual four '67 GT500, C8AX tunnel port 427s , DOZX Cross Boss, D1ZX Boss 351 . "I" haven't seen a cast iron part without E as the last letter. I welcome other examples if anyone has them "other than intakes" , I have all of them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts